Fill an ice cube tray with melted chocolate. Add berries. Freeze. Yum.
TUMBLR IS ALWAYS RECIPE GOLD.
jesus christ YES
O.O oh my god
Make frozen smoothie packs every Sunday to last the whole week. When you’re ready to enjoy a smoothie just pick a bag and blend! Simple and quick. I used to do something similar to this. Time to get back in the habit!
Recipe Link: fitness-is-sexy.tumblr.com
I was recently asked this question, so here are my tips:
- First and foremost I think the most important thing is to learn to grocery shop. This may seem silly, but it’s very important. I have a lot of grocery lists tagged here. I generally shop the outside rim of the store (produce, dairy, frozen, meats) and stay away from the processed dry and sugary foods.
- Learning to properly shop for yourself sets the stage for meal prep (the second most important thing!). Meal prep is really important for a busy schedule: if I don’t have meals prepared, I’ll end up buying bad food.
- Finding recipes and discovering new foods is also an absolute must! There’s some great recipes here.
Examples of meal prep:
- You can cook steel cut oats on Sunday and eat it safely for breakfast for the next 1.5 weeks. Read this about breakfast!
- You can prep sandwiches or salads or pastas the night before to bring to class.
- You can cut up apples (squeeze w a little lemon juice so they don’t turn brown) the night before for snacks, too.
- Prepare small bags of almonds and dark chocolate chips ready to throw in your purse.
- It totally depends what you like to eat, but for me, my very quick go-to meal is a bowl of pasta. When I cook pasta, it ends up being 40% pasta, 50% veggies and 10% sauce. Cook the pasta, add in frozen veggies (usually petite peas, or spinach, or zucchini), add some sauce (sometimes tomato-based or just EVOO). Then season with kosher salt and pepper. This reheats really well if you invest in some good tupperware (I like this).I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.
So much changed in my life recently. I feel like last year just didn’t exist.
It’s like friends come, friends leave. You call someone your best friend and then, one year later, you are complete strangers.
And soulmates never die. Maybe you aren’t close enought to call each other buddies, maybe you haven’t spoken to each other for a year, maybe you cried all nights because of each other. But after this one year of trying to fill emptiness with other people, you can look into each ones eyes and feel like this year never happend.
I think I finally found my soulmate. And I lost a friend, who i thought would be my lifetime girlfriend.
I wasn’t myself. I know it know. But I don’t regret it, life gave me the best lesson ever possible.
Smoothie summer times ;_;